1. Friday October 25th, The Salewa Rockshow Heads To River Sports in Knoxville. What is table bouldering? It involves bouldering under a long picnic style table and back on top without touching the floor. It’s loads of fun, but a word of warning; technique, physical strength and good coordination are basic essentials in order to table the challenge.
2. The North Face and Trailblazer present Endurance Beyond The Limit. Ultrarunner Diane Van Deren will recount her incredible story of perseverance, one that has been hailed a “medical miracle,” to New Haven residents on October 23.
3. Great Outdoor Provision organizes Get Hiking Meet-ups in the greater North Carolina triangle area. Trying to figure out how you are going to spend your beautiful Saturday Fall afternoons? Let GOPC help guide you to the best outdoor hiking experiences around the North Carolina area.
4. Pack Rat Outdoor Center organizes Climbers Rendezvous. The 16th Annual Blake Croxdale Memorial Climbers Rendezvous will be held at Sam’s Throne near Mt. Judea Arkansas. The shoe demo will be from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM on October 26, 2013. Bring an ID to try on shoes. We will have staff on belay or you can go off and climb on your own. $5.00 gets you in and in shoes. $1.00 for raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds for this event go to the Blake Croxdale Scholarship Fund.
5. The Trail Head hosts McConkey this Saturday in Missoula, Montana. Shane McConkey is revered as the pioneer of freeskiing and ski base jumping, and through his talent and unique outlook on life, he inspired countless lives. “McConkey” celebrates the life of one of the world’s ultimate innovators.